Out of all the Brands of CB Radios which one is the best. - Cobra, Uniden, Texas Ranger, General Lee, Connex, .....

Views: 884

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nanette, I think it is sort of a personal preference. All those you named are good radios, But Uniden and I only say that because I have found them hard to get worked on. 

I own a connex but don't use it anymore because it started having problems and never could get it fixed right.

That was mainly because it is old and just been abused a little. I now have a Cobra 29 classic that I love.

I had the 29 peaked, tuned, had a connex board added in and it does a great job.

The best thing I can add is ask your self if you will be talking on ssb a lot or no?

If not something like a cobra 29 may be what you like, If you would like more channels, maybe a little more power then connex or Texas Ranger maybe more of your choosing. Hope that helps

I have been running a Bearfoot Cobra 25 Ltd classic for about 11 years. It still works great.

Cobra anything IMO are the best. 

I had a little 25 in fact still have it in the garage at home. It is a very sound little radio.

I like the 29 a little better because of the SWR meter built in.

I be honest with you, Cobra 25, 29, is really all I care about anymore. I need it for shippers / receivers and once in a blue moon chat with someone on 19. I just don't really have the care any longer for the bells and whistles that the others like connex offer..

If you been running a 25 that long you would love a 29 IMO, You can have it peaked, tuned, connex board added on for play and even that little 150 watt kickers added to the back.. Very strong little talking radio.

I personally like my galaxy dx33hp it's somewhat cheap and gets out as far as I will ever need it to

I have used CB radio for 30 years, both in the USA and Europe, I have never used the expensive or highly priced radios, it doesn't matter how expensive or large a radio is, it will eventually breakdown, buy the cheapest one you can and use a firestick antenea. The highest amount I ever paid for any CB was 50 UK pounds, (about $90) and that was extravegant. the radio I use now is a Cobra, I don't even know what model it is but it was given to me buy some fool who paid a huge amount for a bigger one that no doubt has broken down since, don't buy all the expensive kit, just cheap stuff, I never touch my set up, I have had to replace the coax ad antenea once due to wear and tear, I can hear people from across the country, and can talk to people 10 or more miles away if the airwaves are clear............. It's like renting a limo for just you to go to the shopping mall, pointless.

I think Cobra 25 is the best. I never use this but a lots of persons suggested me about that. It is very cheap also.

I like Galaxy but mostly people like Cobra 29.

RSS

Forum

Ice Road Truckers

Started by Jean Ouellet in Uncategorized. Last reply by Nancy Long Aug 16, 2014. 61 Replies

'E' logs.

Started by Pat Hasler in Uncategorized. Last reply by Nancy Long Sep 16, 2014. 51 Replies

Diesel Prices

Started by Bill McQueen in Uncategorized. Last reply by David Naus Feb 7, 2014. 26 Replies

GPS

Started by Gerrit Klingenberg in Sample Title. Last reply by Nancy Long Mar 14, 2014. 24 Replies

former TT members ?

Started by peg leg in Sample Title. Last reply by Michele O'Donnell Jun 17, 2012. 21 Replies

New HOS how is it working for the drivers

Started by Nanette Montgomery in Uncategorized. Last reply by Steven Whiteside Dec 1, 2015. 20 Replies

Exhaust Fumes

Started by tim.icts in Uncategorized. Last reply by harold carnes Sep 13, 2015. 15 Replies

Waiting time ?

Started by Pat Hasler in Uncategorized. Last reply by Pat Hasler Jun 10, 2014. 15 Replies

Cost to operate a truck?

Started by Paul Hutzler in Sample Title. Last reply by Nancy Long Jul 22, 2014. 13 Replies

Professional Truck Driver

Started by Thomas Duguid in Uncategorized. Last reply by Tami Paulus Oct 5, 2012. 12 Replies

FMCSA NEW HOS RULING, from Evan Lockridge

Started by Michael P.Dorsey in Uncategorized. Last reply by Tim Russell Feb 8, 2012. 12 Replies

Driver Training Standards

Started by safetyfirstpdt in Uncategorized. Last reply by David Naus Aug 5, 2012. 11 Replies

CR England

Started by Kit Higgins in Uncategorized. Last reply by Canela Progressa Jun 21, 2012. 9 Replies

What Brand CB Radio is Best.

Started by Nanette Montgomery in Uncategorized. Last reply by Nancy Long Feb 5, 2014. 7 Replies

Members

© 2017   Created by Bill McQueen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service